Tuesday 9 September 2014

Ruskamaraton in Levi, Lapland

Preparation

The main running event of the year is over now. The flu I had three weeks earlier affected still the last days preparations and I didn't feel very easy to breath there in Lapland. The weather was perfectly cool but air felt quite dry. Still, I decided to run with my 3 hours target time.

First kilometres

I planned to start the route very slowly because the first 2.5 kilometres there was hard uphill. Then I thought to speed up but it didn't feel very easy. I also felt my stomach didn't work very well so I didn't want to risk the finish line crossing so I just decided to go slower than planned.

Then

There was surprisingly peaceful to run with the three hours target. When I checked last year's results there was more runners who had run over 3 hours time and I thought I could have had more company there on the route but actually I had to run almost alone. Still, I feel that the finish line came easily and I wasn't that depressed during the last kilometres as I have been earlier. The medals of the Ruska Maraton looks nice and it was nice to have even if the time was over 3:10.

Afterwards

The muscles feels better already than after the previous half marathons I have run but lungs feel a bit more stuffy instead. And I could take running steps already today beside the bicycling kids. Even if the running was slower, somehow I succeed in steady running pace better than ever.  I'm very happy that even if there was over 60 metres variation in the altitude I could keep up running till the end. And yes, I'm already planning the events for the next spring.

Sportterfly

PS. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO LEAVE COMMENTS EITHER IN ENGLISH, FINNISH OR SWEDISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment