Tuesday 22 July 2014

First Nordic Walking and Some Recovering Activities

On a Sunday evening we went for a walk with my husband and kids. Husband taught our oldest daughter to bicycle without training wheels and I walked and run with the pram when youngest daughter were bicycling too and I tried to warm up my leg muscles at the same time after the Saturday's running event. We stopped by to the nearhood forests couple of times to check if there is already some blueberries. BTW, in a week, I think, the blueberries are just perfect to be picked up.

Because the Sunday's walking felt so good I decided to try Nordic walking on Monday. I have dreamed to replace some home trainings with the Nordic walking now that the weather is so nice and it's more fascinating to exercise outdoors than in the hot living room. The first 20-30 minutes of my Nordic walking I could keep faster pace than during my snail style running exercises but then my pace slowed down and in the end I walked only 300 metres longer in 45 minutes that I would have proceed in my corresponding snail style running. The quarter marathon still felt in my body and I should have stopped the exercise earlier, I think.

I have also stretched my leg muscles now four days in a row to recover from the running. This evening I walked a bit before stretching. Our daughters are again spending couple of days in my parents and we have done shopping and planning of some painting and other small fixing that we should do in the house during this summer.

Sportterfly

PS. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO LEAVE COMMENTS EITHER IN ENGLISH, FINNISH OR SWEDISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment