Sunday 6 July 2014

Long Run of 105 Minutes

I did my long run again yesterday and it was the last proper one before the quarter marathon. I tried new way for long running, instead of just running with steady pace, I increased the pace in the end and ran with heart rate of 140-160 the last 30 minutes, and the last few minutes as fast as I could. At first it felt a bit crazy, because my legs were already sore after the first 75 minutes, but then after 15 minutes faster run I felt I got extra power and I could have continue the jogging more than 30 minutes. I easily ran my previous half marathon pace then. 

Nice to have some new things also to my long run trainings as I have ran many years and done the long runs always the same way. I found tips for this fast end long run here.

Sportterfly

PS. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO LEAVE COMMENTS EITHER IN ENGLISH, FINNISH OR SWEDISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment